MINECRAFT POCKET EDITION WORLD EXPORTER
Created by Tikolu - tikolu.net16.net
Latest version: 2.3 (released 15/09/12019)
Minecraft Pocket Edition gives the player a choice of where their worlds should be kept. "External" saves Worlds in the device storage where the user can easily transfer them to another device. "Application" stores the Worlds internally in Minecraft’s private folder to which you have no access. Many people believe that rooting your device is the only method of exporting the worlds. However, this is not true!
You can use this program to export worlds from Minecraft Pocket Edition if your "Storage Type" is set to "Application" in Minecraft Settings. The whole process is very simple and can be finished in under five minutes. Your device does NOT need to be rooted!
- You will need
- How does it work
YOU WILL NEED
- An Android device with Minecraft PE installed
- Your "Storage Type" to be set to "Application"
- A computer running Windows 7 or newer
- Java Installed on the Computer
- A USB Cable to connect to your device
- About five minutes and some patience
HOW DOES IT WORK
The program utilizes ADB’s backup feature which allows for copying an applications data even without root privileges. However, the exported backup file is encrypted so Android Backup Extractor is used to extract its contents into a tar archive. 7zip is then used to unarchive the tar file, and finally, the minecraftWorlds folder is moved to the desktop.
The only user interaction required is the installation of the Android driver and enabling USB Debugging in Android Settings. Instructions for doing both of these tasks are included in the program.
The code for the program is available here.
The latest version can be downloaded from:
The ZIP file is 17.1MB in size.
After downloading, first open and extract the ZIP file, then run “exporter.cmd”.
Java needs to be installed for World Exporter to function. Java can be downloaded from here.
Please feel free to contact me through email or Hangouts if:
- My program helped you
- You ran into an error while using my program
- You couldn’t get your device to connect
- There is a feature you would like to see added
- You have questions about the program
- Want to play Minecraft with me :D
- Anything else...
My email address is email@example.com.
WorldExporter is (and always will be) a free to use project. However, you can support future development of WorldExporter by donating Bitcoin to 1EDceGSjgVVQh7GNugSxeja1haEVSz5qWr.
Any amount will be highly appreciated! :D
- MCPE Internal World Exporter
Created by Tikolu (documentation)
- Help and error testing
Provided by Cory Rankin (github)
- Android Debug Bridge
Created by Google (download)
- Google USB Driver
Created by Google (download)
- Android Backup Extractor
Created by Nikolay Elenkov (github)
Created by Igor Pavlov (website)
- Java Runtime
Created by Oracle (website)
- ADB will now get properly initialized using the start-server command
- ADB will now get properly turned off after World Export is complete using the kill-server command
- Added new error message for when the Desktop is inaccessible due to permission errors
- Added donation option to documentation
- Fixed a bug which caused files to be inaccessible when running World Exporter with administrator privileges
- All 7zip DLLs will now be included in the files folder
- Changes to all error messages
- Ignoring the "Minecraft Not Installed" error is no longer an option
- Some unnecessary confirmation messages will no longer be shown during world extraction
- Download now also available from Tikolu website
- Project will now be available on GitHub
- Added diagnostic Terminal tool in files folder
- Errors no longer have red text
- The program will now offer to delete the world folder from the desktop if a conflict is detected
- Changes to the "Minecraft Not Installed" error message
- The "Backup Error" message will now be more friendly
- The worlds folder will automatically open after extraction
- Messages displayed during the extraction process will make more sense
- The user will now be informed when they can disconnect their device
- Added Cory Rankin to the credits (Thanks a lot, Cory)
- Java Runtime will no longer be included in the program
- An error will now display if Java is not installed
- A message will be displayed while ADB is initializing
- Self extracting EXE archives will no longer be available (too problematic)
- The default download method will now be ZIP because self extracting EXE archives were too problematic
- A few ADB related bugs have been fixed
- World Exporter will now check for necessary files before download.
- Added option to skip Minecraft installation check for devices which do not respond to ADB’s path command correctly
- Added error message when attempting to export worlds from an empty Minecraft backup
- Program will now check if the minecraftWorlds folder exists before attempting to move it to the Desktop
- Added links to documentation inside the program
- Documentation will now open instead of the credits
- Instructions will skip if program detects already connected device
- Extraction will cancel if a worlds folder already exists on desktop to avoid errors
- Program will check if Minecraft is present on the device before initiating extraction
- Program will now detect if backup was cancelled by the user or if a Desktop Backup Password was incorrectly entered
- Simplified included instructions
- Fixed various grammar and spelling mistakes
- Steps which were unnecessarily divided were joined up